Monday, June 27, 2011

Patriotic Banner 3-D Star

I have entered this in a Challenge over at
Whimisical Wednesday - Challenge # 12
http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/2011/06/lets-get-patriotic.html
Create a Patriotic Card/Project and you must include Brads, Bling or Buttons.
You can include all three, but you must include at least one of the 3 B's
I have been working on this awesome patriotic banner.  Here is one of the pieces that I just love.  This 3-D Star I cut with my Pink Cricut from an Svg kit called Made in the USA from Svgcuts.  I love love love this kit.    I used a great paper kit that I got from Michaels for all of these patriotic projects called Americana from K&Company.  Love it so much too, all are double sided papersand it cuts like butter on my cricut.  The Red Glitter on the Star is actually glitter foam.  I didn't have a deep cut blade but I went ahead and cut it on my Cricut anyway twice and then went over the cut marks with scissors to finish the cuts.  I love the raised red foam glitter parts, it really sets the star off on my banner.  I added two buttons tied together with a blue string for the middle.

4 comments:

The Archiving Angel said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Love your combo of papers and the button center with the twine.
Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes from your newest follower,
Sonia

Kim H said...

Eva,
OMG... I LOVE this 3D star! The dimension is just incredible! The papers and the whole foam is just perfect! I have tried cutting the foam on my Cricut and I just can't seem to make it work... any tips would be wonderful! I can totally see why you love this kit! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

Unknown said...

The star your created for your banner is so pretty. I love the Americana paper as well. The way you offset the star with the glitter paper really makes everything pop. The button in the center finish it off so nicely. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Cindy Beland said...

Oh my your star is AMAZING!I LOVE it,Great idea for a banner!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!:)