Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fisherman Birthday Tri-Fold Shutter Card

I have entered this card into the Quick Cards Men's Challenge over at Cardmaking and Papercraft.com I loved the Shutter card so much I thought I would try another one.  This one with a fishing theme for my Son in-Law.  It really turned out Super Cute I think.


On this card I used the Shutter card technique from Cricutology.com and added lots of fun fishing stuff.  I Started with a White cardstock for the base.  Placing the base in landscape view - Score at 2 inch and 4 inch, then rotate page 1/2 turn and score again at 2 inch & 4 inch.  now place base on your paper trimmer in the portrait position, cut  at the 1 1/2 inch mark, cut only from top score line to bottom score line which is from 2" to 10 ", flip base and repeat.  Accordian fold your card, now pulling the middle section toward you refold and crease with your bone folder.  I used different blue background papers, here are the dimensions you will need to cut for your panels:
2 times 1 3/4 X  5 1/4
2 times 1 1/4 X  3 3/4
2 times 1 3/4 X  2 1/4
4 times 1 3/4 X  1 1/4
1 time    3 3/4 X 2 1/4
I inked the edges of all the pieces with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Ink.  On 5 of them I embossed with my CuttleBug and used the Tiny Bubbles folder.  On two of them I embossed with the Happy Birthday mini embossing folder and then inked it with the Walnut Stain, rubbing it over the raised letters.  Paste each panel in it's appropriate place. The Fisherman & fishing pole and the 4 big fish were cut on my Cricut E2, The large fish cut at 2 inches & the other three cut at 1 1/4 inches with the Everyday Paper Dolls Cart.  The other fishing pole in the middle with the fish was cut from the Just Because Cards Cart.  The Grass Border was a cut file I got from PDC and used my Sure Cuts A Lot (Scal) Software to cut on my Pink Expression.  The fishing line is some hemp cord that I picked up by Crafters Square.  Paste all of your cut files on the card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so fun! I googled fishing birthday cards and your's came up! No need to look any further. Yours is fantastic!

Thanks