Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Zoo Hanger - Baby Shower Gift

Hello all of my Crafty Friends,
I saw this idea on the Oh Baby Blog Hop and fell in love!!!
Nancie over at A Little Piece of Me by Nancie, did this project
and it was so gorgeous I just had to try my own version.
I know my Niece will love this, any new Mom would.
I am going to make another one for a different shower soon,
but this time I will use Winnie the Pooh Characters.





I cut the Hanger from Cricut Cartridge Everyday Paper Dolls page 34. I selected fit to page on a 12 x 12 mat and it cut at 33”. I used a thick chipboard and I do not have a Deep Cut Blade, (need to get one though) so I chose to cut it a second time using the load paper & repeat last key features. It still did not cut clean through, maybe I should have cut 3 times, I used my craft knife to go along the edges again and then went over all the edges with a sanding block to clean up all of the edges. I then cut the Green polka dot paper to layer over the top again using the repeat last key.
I used Frame 1 from My Mom’s Attic Freebie at SVGCUTS
for the Green Frames (Size - 3.798 x 3.798 cut 12 times).
I used the simple shapes from Sure cuts a lot for my blue Squares
in the center of the frames (Size - 2.896 x 2.896 cut 12 times).
Click on the Banner at the top of my Blog to go Directly to SVGCUTS.
The adorable Animals are from the Jungle & Zoo Pals Paper
Piecings set at Little scraps of Heaven.
I used Sure Cuts Alot and cut each at these dimensions.
The Lion I cut at 11.355 X 5.099
The Giraffe I cut at 11.274 X 7.583
The Elephant I cut at 10.480 X 7.266

The Bottom Frame with the age in it, I printed the words
from My computer on Green paper, I then ran it throu my Cricut.
I used the Center Point feature and was able to cut around each word.
I chose the To/From tag from my Cricut Lacy Labels Cartridge.
The outer edge cut in blue I cut at 1" and the inner was the
layer feature cut at 1" and used the center point around the words.

I hope you enjoyed looking at this project as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Please leave me a comment, I really love reading each and every one.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Super Fun Crafty Day!!!

Eva :0)

7 comments:

Nancie said...

This came out awesome, what a great job! Your niece is going to flip over it!

Thanks for the shout out!

Nancie

melsanford said...

Awwww! This is so cute! What a fab gift :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Susie said...

Great idea - looks fab! Thanks for joining in with our Distressing challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Unknown said...

So cute and playful. I just love your little critters:)

Elke said...

what a great project, just right for our current challenge over at CCC. Thanks for joining us. Good luck.

Elke XX

Lori said...

What a wonderful zoo hanger! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

The Archiving Angel said...

Love this! So creative, cute & useful. It will go beautifully in a child's room but you can easily tailor the design to work in any space for any occasion.
Great job!