Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spiderman Name Plaque

I made this for my Grandson Dustin, he is gonna love it.  Originally I had planned on making him one with Pooh Bear because I just found the Pooh and Friends Cartridge at Jo-Ann's for $18.99 a couple of weeks ago and couldn't pass it up.  I will have to use it soon for something else.  So after painting the plaque blue all I could think of was how cool a red and black spidey face would look on it and Spiderman is his favorite character.  I thought I would do a quick search for a svg and see what it came up with...wow I found the perfect file over at Everyday Little Things, this is exactly what I wanted.  If you use cut files, you will find some great ones on her site.

I took the spiderman face svg into my Sure cuts Alot 2 and sized it on my mat to the size I needed.  I then copied and pasted a second face onto my mat so I could break apart the image and move the pieces I wanted onto other sections of my mat for the different colors I needed.  I cut the first full svg out in black vinyl, the eyes in white cardstock and the outline of the face in red paper all on my Pink Cricut Expression.  Super easy and super cool result.  I used my Pink Xyron 1.5 inch X sticker maker for the eyes to easily stick.  I layed the black vinyl cut with backing still on over the red backing, once lined up good I placed each sticky backed white eye into place and then the hardest part...removed the backing from the vinyl.  Once removed I carefully lined it up on the red backing piece using the eyes to help line it up and voila...Spidy was created.  I found some black letter stickers to add on his name and Room.  after affixing the letters in place I mod podged the spidey face in place and then went over the entire plaque to seal everthing in with mod podge.  I use the gloss Lustre & Love It.  I am looking forward to seeing his face when I give it to him.  He saw it over the weekend but it was just a plain blue plaque at that point and I told him I was going to put pooh Bear on it and his name.  I know he will be much happier with Spiderman.  Thanks again Christy from Everyday Little Things for such an awesome free svg file, I am sure I will be using much more of your awesome svg's in the future.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Glad you could use him!! In the future honey if you take my SVG files into inkscape right fast and just do a quick ungroup and resave it will open already in the layers in SCAL. There is a video on my blog showing how if you need help. I don't know if that will make it easier for you but wanted to let you know.

And thank you for the link back. That is very sweet of you. I hope that your grandson loves his plaque as I'm sure he will.

Great blog as well honey!!!! You are a very talented lady!!

God Bless,
Christy
http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

How can I access the blog or get the svg file?

Unknown said...

How can I access the blog or get the svg file?

Unknown said...

How can I access the blog or get the svg file?