Monday, April 11, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card for a guy

I made the card on black card stock.  I took a soda can, washed it dryed it and cut the ends off.  Once I had a nice flat piece of aluminum I ran it through my cuttlebug with the Diamond plate folder.  I used a rectangle piece of patterned paper to layer on the bottom.  The pattrened paper and the red I used for the frame is from My Mind's Eye - Bohemia paper stack.  Next I took some red ribbon from OTC and ran it through my Xzron machine and turned it into a sticky backed ribbon and placed it along the seam of the two layers.  I cut a frame out of the red paper using my Cricut and quick shapes on sure cuts alot.  finally I took a route 66 svg I got from MissVickieDOTnet, here is the link
http://cuttingcrazy.wordpress.com/2010/10/21/free-svg-file-customizable-interstate-highway-signs/ 
and I removed the outer edge.  once I had the sign in place in SCAL I made a copy and pasted it on top, I checked the box keep proportions, then I made it a little larger around the first one.  I sent that cut file to a second page in the exact same place and deleted it from my 1st page.  I typed in the word Happy Birthday with the Bradley Font.  I loaded white card stock into my Cricut and changed out the blade to my new Cri-kits black gel pen.  I made sure to adjust my settings to pressure 3 and speed 2.  I chose cut and let my Cricut draw in the details.  after it finished I hit load paper on my Cricut and changed to page 2 of my SCAL.  I now had the outline to my sign only showing, I changed out the gel pen  back to my cutting blade, adjusted my settings and hit cut in SCAL.  I chose to make the sign white and black lettering like the old route 66 sign.  It was too cool to first draw the details and then cut around it to make my own sign embellishment.  I added some cute brads that look like a screw from OTC and popped the sign up on popdots and that finished of this simple masculine card front.  Now for the inside...
So here is the inside of the card...I used the inside cut of red paper from the frame that I used for the front of the card and on top of that I layered a sentiment I created in Craft Artist.  I used some tool embellishments and a screw frame from a digital kit called Oh Boy from Linda Lou to create this and then printed out on my printer and cut out.  I also made an envelope and a liner to match using my Martha Stewart Score board.  I think I will try out making a video soon on how to use this awesome tool, it is very handy indeed and I will never need to buy envelopes again.

No comments: