Monday, September 5, 2011

Halloween card for the Pediatric Specialty Care

If you all have not done the
 Hurry and get over there to check it out!
It was fabulous and for such a great cause.  I am linking up this card
following the hop and will be mailing it out for some child with special needs.
On the hop the DT's all designed awesome Halloween Banners for the kids rooms at the hospital.
We get to help by sending in some fun halloween cards.  I hope you will go hop and link up a card to send in too.  The more cards the more happy little kids!!!
ok, about my card, Black background then layered with a polka dot Halloween paper
from K&Co.  then layered with a purple paper embossed with the cuttlebug folder,
Skeleton scroll.  Then I stamped Boo in the center with Stayz On jet black ink.
I ran some light orange ink over the skeleton embossing.
The pumpkins and ghosts where all cut from Paper Doll Dress Up.
I embossed the big pumpkin with the same folder.  I added stickeles to all
of the vines and tops, gold stickles to the one Jack-o-lantern face.  The other
Jack-o-lantern I added some bright yellow paper behind to look like it is lit up inside.
the ghosts are just inked around the edges with Tim Holtz, walnut stain.  I highlighted
the ghosts faces with a brown marker.  I sure hope some special child smiles really big
when they recieve this card.  I am so happy to be a part of giving them a Happy Halloween.
I have also made this my Halloween swap card to finish of this set of Swap cards that are due.
Here is the inside and I also embossed the envelope with the skeleton scroll folder too.

here is where you will go to link up your card and get the addy to mail in your cards:
I hope you all have a wonderful and Crafty Day!
Eva :0)   

4 comments:

Madison said...

Eva, thank you so much for the Halloween card for the kids at PSC. You ROCK!! I love it and I am sure they will too. It just so happens that it is the 100th card to be linked to the "I Feel the Love Project." Is it ok f I use your picture and card on a post today to let everyone know we have hit 100 and that your card put us there? Let me know. Leave me a comment on my blog if you can. Thanks!!

Maribel said...

Oh wow! I love the faces on the ghosts! Very cute card!
Maribel
ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

RiNNE said...

Such an adorable card! I'm sure the kids loved it

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Eva! Thanks so much for stopping by with your blog info, I am now your newest follower! Great Halloween card! I just ordered the same embossing folder and now I am super excited to receive it after seeing how fun and spooky it is! Love how you decorated the inside! Have a great crafting day!