Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Snowflake Kisses card

If y'all haven't noticed by now... my favorite color is purple!   Pink is a close runner-up though lol.  I am really happy how this Christmas card turned out, it is perfect for my BFF because purple is her favorite color also.
I used an A2 sized card base - portrait style, fold at the top that I cut from heavyweight white card stock.  For the purple embossed panel... first I embossed with my Darice snowflake swirl embossing folder.  Then I used my Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shape dies using the largest rectangle to cut that panel out.  After that I used my MFT stitched scallop basic edges 2 die set to cut the fancy edge on the bottom.   
I also cut a similar size craft foam sheet to use as a backer to pop this whole panel up.   For the beautiful snowflakes I took a foil baking sheet and attached it to a heavyweight  card stock with a scotch glue stick  to repurpose it.  I used various snowflake dies to cut out four different snowflakes.  For the largest one I left all of the little innie pieces inside.  Two of the four snowflakes I colored with my spectrum noir PL4 marker to really make the snowflake stack pop and bring the colors all together!  I used glue dots instead of foam to layer them all up so the stack didn't get too thick.  I added a large purple dew drop to the center.   I thought this sentiment stamp, Snowflakes are kisses from heaven would be perfect for this card... I stamped with a purple heliotrope pigment ink and then went over that with VersaMark ink.  Then heat embossed with clear enamel embossing powder.   I added a few more smaller purple dew drops as accents near the bottom.
For the inside I used the same Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes rectangle that I inked the edges of with the purple heliotrope ink then I attached the bottom section of the panel cut from the front to the very bottom.  I used  another sentiment  from that same stamp set that I used for the front this time saying there's Snow friend like you,  using the same purple heliotrope Ink.  I took the center of the top snowflake from the front and placed it as the dot over the i in friend.   I stamped another sentiment underneath that says wishing you a merry Christmas in a darker purple violet pigment ink,  that one is from Inkadinkado penguin pandemonium stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I'm creating in my craft room this week.

I am entering into these fun challenges: 

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the embossed snowflakes and how you used the bottom part on the inside of your card.

Scrapper69 said...

That is such a pretty & Elegant holiday card... I really like that embossing folder... beautiful!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love the embossed panel and the snowflake so much!! I like how you used a fancy-edge die along with the rectangle. It gives that panel such a unique shape.

Thanks for joining us for our Change is Good! challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

SewPaperPaint said...

I've seen a lot of purple Christmas cards this year, but this is by far the prettiest yet. Hugs, Autumn

ScrappyHorses said...

What a great way to re-use that foil sheet! Love the snowflakes on this beautiful card full of swirling snow! Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

This is a fantastic Christmas Card, love the metallic snowflakes!! The pastel tone also make this card so classy and elegant!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again next week! xx Zoey

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Eva! It's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx