Monday, August 14, 2017

Purple winter wishes penguin card

I had so much fun making this Christmas card in my favorite color purple.
I was really looking forward to using my new die that gives you that beautiful stitched scallop circle cut into your card front.  After embossing the front I rubbed some very light blue ink over the design to show it a little better.  I used some of my old Christmas paper scraps for the purple striped background in the circle and also used a die to cut a stitched snowy hill to perch the adorable penguin on.  I heat embossed the winter wishes sentiment in white and added a couple of pink sequins and a sparkly bottle bead to the center of each.  I added some purple stars that I die cut with my banner die for a different project and I kept the innie stars for later use.  They worked out well for this card, glad I kept them 😊
For the inside I used a digital sentiment and added a glowing frame around the edges of the mat.   After printing I used a stitched die to cut the mat out.  I stamped a star in purple to go along with the stars on the front that I added and in the embossing.

Stitched mat front and Inside -  Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes
Darice A2 Ornamental Star, Flake, Bulb Emboss Folder
Sunny Studio Bundled Up Stamp Set for Penguin
Scalloped stitched oval stacks dies
Inner scallop stitched circle
Craftin desert divas stitched outdoor landscape dies
HOTP small stamps snowflake swirl for the front sentiment
Christmas 2011 Vintage Circles stamps set for inside star stamp


I am entering into these fun challenges:
CARDZ TV CARD CRAZY CRAFTERS ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #7
Die Cut Diva's - Anything Goes for August....

Thanks so much for stopping by.




4 comments:

Migdalia said...

The purple is really sweet and I absolutely adore the penguin!
Super cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... this is soooo Darn SWEET! I adore Penguins... so stinkin' sweet!!! You should enter this into the Victorine Originals Stamp Challenge - the challenge is Purple -
Here's the link just in case you do - http://vostamps.blogspot.com/2017/08/victorine-originals-challenge-8-purple.html

Theresa

Arlene said...

So darn cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Cathie Borowski said...

What an adorable penguin, and I love the embossing around the frame. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge over at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT