Thursday, September 29, 2016

Ice Skate Cut-away Card

Another Christmas Card to share with you all but today it is a Beautiful Cut-Away Card.  I am in love with this Hot Off the Press die set to cut away a flap for the card.  It is actually called Card Flaps and Borders Cutting Dies.  I have a Stamp set that coordinates with it but it is not Christmas and I opted to not use it on this one.  This is only 1 of 4 in the set...Wowzers I can't wait to make some more cards with the other cuts!!!
So the inspiration for this entire card was the Pretty Ice Skate stamp which is also from HOTP.  After finding the Christmas papers I wanted to use I dug out some old lavender and blue paper scraps for the die cuts.   I stamped the skate in versamark Ink and used Dutch blue embossing powder and set it with my heating tool.  I love how that turned out!   I then took it to my scanNCut 2 not knowing if it would recognize the embossed image but much to my surprise it did so I set it to give a .08 outline and cut.  I then diecut some snowflakes in the coordinating papers although I couldn't find the right color blue for the top snowflakes, so I decided to completely cover those in the matching in Embossing powder and heat set them.  I added a foam dot in between the layers of snowflakes and then added an enamel glitter dot to each.  I diecut a fancy oval and then ran it through my Swiss dots embossing folder.   I added the diecut ice skate on foam tape in the center of the oval and then added a light lavender gem in the center of the snowflake on the boot. I added some similar lavender gems along the fancy cut off edge plus one large white glitter dot in the center.
For the inside I covered with the blue paper, I then added the cute pattern paper which I had first cut with a Victorian edge with my paper cutter.  I used 2 oval dies from that same die set.  The sentiment is my favorite for the inside of my Christmas cards.  the snowflake stamp is from the same Ice Skate Small stamp set on the front.

List of materials:
Designer Papers - OTC
Solid Cardstock - Recollection's
Fancy Card Flap - HOTP Card Flaps & Borders Cutting Dies
Ice Skate & inside Snowflake stamp - HOTP Small Ice Skate Stamp
Small Heat Embossed Snowflakes - My Craft Spot Die, Snowflake Border & Dies
Embossing Powder - Dutch Blue
Large lavender Snowflakes - Die-Versions Sweet Petites - Snowflake
Fancy Oval Die cut - Spellbinders Nestabilities Majestic Elements Die - Opulent Ovals
Dry Embossing - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Sentiment stamp (inside) - Inkadinkado Cool Christmas Stamp Set
Bling: Gems, Enamel Dots and Glitter dots - all from my stash

I am entering into these fun challenges:
MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE #191 - Christmas w/ 3 or more dimen embellies
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Powder Power
HIMCR #268 - Any Holiday!


Thanks for stopping by to have a look at what I am up to in my craft room, hope to see you again real soon.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!
Eva Scraps

4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Wonderful Winter card!

Theresa

Sandy Palmer said...

I love the flap on this card! The embossing powder really added a lot and made those pieces really pop! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Sarah said...

This is so pretty! I love the cut and your papers are super cute! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)