Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fall Happy Birthday Easel Card

Today I want to share a cute fall themed Birthday card I made for my hubby's Birthday today.  I got this cute center style easel card base from Cheryl over@ www.creativekuts.com
The striped pattern paper is from My Minds Eye and the basket weave Looking pattern paper... I'm not sure where that came from.  The big label mat is part of the card base file.  The leaves are from Cricut - Creative bug that I used my Cricut embossing stylus to emboss the veins… Love!  I went over them again on a foam mat after the Cricut machine to really make the veins stand out. I used scraps from my scrap bin for the different card stocks used on the leaves, the top one is a brown shimmer card stock.
That adorable squirrel and sentiment are from Nuts about you stamp set.  I modified by cutting off the acorn he was holding and put a pistachio nut in his hands because that is my husbands line of work.... Pistachios.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color the squirrel - EB1 EB2 GB8,  nose IG4, Colorista - pistachio for the nut.  The sentiment I heat embossed with clear acrylic over the brown pigment ink I stamped.  I used stitched label dies for the sentiment stack and that is popped up on foam tape to hold the easel in place.  My friend Cheryl over@ creativekuts.com was kind enough to make me the pistachio SVG so I could make this card fit for my hubby, thank you so much Cheryl, YOU ROCK!  I tied a simple bow from a tan sheer ribbon to place on the leaf bunch and then decided to cut two more pistachio nuts in a larger size to place on the bunch as well.
For the inside I used a square stitched die cutting from Kraft card stock.  The sentiment is from a card maker set  that I stamped with the same brown pigment ink.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #335-Leaves
YNS - Fun Friday – Challenge #98
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #66
Jo's Scrap Shack - FFC #252 Always Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September 2018 challenge
DL.ART SEPTEMBER 2018 Linky Challenge
BBTB2 - Anything Goes with a Cricut Cut
 
Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my craft room today.  Have a wonderful and crafty week.

10 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... this is just adorable! LOVE the pattern paper and cute squirrel... Awesome Easel card! :)

Theresa

Wendy L said...

I love everything on your card, lovely image and sentiment, thanks for joining us at the Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge, xxx

Caroline said...

I really love this card style. I have to try this card! Your little squirrel is so cute and the leaves make it such a perfect fall card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Love this:) Thank you for entering in Bitten by the bug 2 Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy
Facebook Page
Facebook Challenge Page
Cute N Crafty VIP Digi Stamp Club

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Eva,

Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By the Bug 2. Besides the adorable squirrel the fold is great!

Alicia

Laura Pizz said...

Love this card - and the patterned paper! Thank you for submitting this to BBTB2!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

This card is so stinkin' cute! I love how you embossed "veins" onto the leaves. Thanks for sharing this card with us at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog--please join us again soon!
:) Marie

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet. I love everything about it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day

DL.ART
DIANA L.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a cutie! All the texture, from the papers to the dimension on the leaves, is perfect. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

Laura Pizz said...

Hi Eva - Just wanted to let you know that you won the BBTB2 Anything Goes challenge! https://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.com/2018/10/anything-goes-winner-evas-scraps.html