Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sailing ship inter-active scene card


Hi there crafters, back again with an interactive card today.  Unfortunately for me the ship I used is a little too high so you have to actually move it with your fingers to get it to rock back and forth... but I still love how it turned out.    I watched a tutorial video from May May made it and just had to make my own version with the supplies and dies I had on hand.
For my card I used a 6 1/2 x 5" top folding card base.  Those awesome stitched waves are from a die set from Craftin Desert Divas - Outdoor Landscape Dies.  That sailing ship die is so phenomenal but apparently doesn't quite work for this technique although this same card without the rocking action would be super cute too.  I cut the ship three times once in a heavyweight white for the back section, I cut it again in brown and then I cut it one more time in white to snip off the sails and flags.  I colored the flags with a spectrum noir marker before attaching to the ship.  Now looking at it on the card I wish I would have made the little areas with the closed sails white as well but I want the ropes and the masts to be brown.  I have a die set of three cloud sizes and I decided to use the medium and small for this card.  The little tiny birds are from a Die as well that goes with the beach shack.  The sentiment is from a stamp set called party like a pirate.

We recently went on a cruise with another couple and I thought this would be a cute card for them.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
Simon Says: Summer Fun!
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #54
FFC #241 Always Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by my craft Room.  I hope to see you again soon.



2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... How CUTE!!! Love your ship and so fun with it being interactive!!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Eva :-) the pirate ship is fabulous and I love the sentiment! arrr yo ho ho and a bottle of rum :-D

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x