Monday, February 5, 2018

Love Shaker Card

I have another fun Valentine's Shaker card to share with you today.  This is a fabulous
5x5 inch card.  File is from www.creativekuts.com
I really enjoyed making this card for my Hubby.  The 5X5 inch card base is cut from Red Recollections card stock.  I cut the back Love frame from Black Recollections card stock.  I used a heart pattern paper from Recollections Valentines Day Paper Pad to back the entire black frame. I used a fun Basket weave looking hearts pattern paper from a 6x6 paper pad also by Recollections called Galentines Day for the center Letter layer and top of heart frame.  I used about 12 black layers of heart frame to build up for the shaker adding the acetate on top and the a layer on top of that cut from the pattern paper.  For the top letters layer and the bottom of the heart I used the same solid red as the base.  I also ran the bottom red heart through my Darice Basket Weave embossing folder.  I filled the shaker with red shades of sequins, some pink hearts and some red rolled sequins.  The sentiment flag I cut from solid pink card stock that I edged with my black ink pad.  I stamped forever in red ink, then added clear embossing powder over the top and heat set.  The Forever stamp is from  HOTP Janie's Girlfriends Stamp Set.
For the inside of the card I used some of my dies.  I used an unbranded stitched scallop frame die for the black frame.  I backed it with Pink paper and added another unbranded Valentine's Day Stamp using Black Ink.  I used my Stitched Heart Die from Simon Says Stamp dies - Bundle of Stitched Shapes and cut from coordinating pattern paper to match the front.  I also made a matching envelope on my WRMK 123 punch board out of the same pink paper and added the leftover heart cuts from the front of the card.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
Monday Simon Says: Love Is In The Air
Mod Squad Challenge - Valentine – LOVE
Wednesday - Simon Says: Anything Goes
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #33
HIMCR #338 - Pinks and Reds!
Die Cut Diva's - Love is in the Air
DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #221 "LOVE"

Thanks for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my craft room today.
~Eva Scraps

7 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Super cute shaker card. Your hubby will love it.

Theresa

maria f. said...

Love that iconic image on a card.

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Arlene said...

I love how you made the heart "O" into the shaker part of the card. Ingenious. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty, I love your colors here. Wonderful shaker bits too!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating over at the Mod Squad Challenge Hope to see you back again soon!!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Becca Sadler said...

What an amazing Valentine card! Thanks for linking this to the pinks and reds challenge #338 for HIMCR! Becca~DT

Emma Williams said...

What a fabulous shaker card and I love how you've used the <3 in the word love to make the shaker section! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x