Saturday, February 17, 2018

Beachy Tag Card & Tags

I decided to make some fun beachy themed tags with my scraps and dies.  I loved how they turned out so much I decided to use one of them to make a Birthday card.
I used Kraft  card stock to create the portrait style base.  I cut a blue layer with the large stitched rectangle from Simon Says Stamp dies, Bundle of Stitched Shapes.
I ran it through my Darice Nautical Anchor Background Emboss Folder and then lightly inked with walnut stain distress ink.  The next layer is a scallop stitched frame (Mama Elephant - Madison Ave)  I cut twice one in dots and the other in Kraft card stock. I then added the small stitched tag at the top for a sentiment, again using Simon Says Stamp dies, Bundle of Stitched Shapes.  I stamped Happy Birthday from HOTP Celebration Cardmakers Tool Kit Stamp Set and heat embossed with fine white embossing powder.  I then added one of the Beachy tags I created yesterday.
For the tags I gathered together some fun beachy looking scraps of paper that complimented each other and began cutting the different layers.  I used Simon Says Stamp dies - Stitched Dress Up Tags, using only the large die shape and none of the extras in this set.   I cut each one out of pattern paper and then 3 out of Kraft card stock to back each one.  Next I again used Simon Says Stamp dies, Bundle of Stitched Shapes for the flag layer.  I used the small double layer tag from Mama Elephant - Madison Ave.  I added two layers of twine through the hole.  I popped the small tags up with foam squares.  I cut out several beach die cuts from an unbranded nautical die set.
I used tiny blue brads to attach the brown die cuts.  I added a ribbon through the top of each large tag and tied on a button with the same bakers twine for the main tags.
For the inside I used the same Simon Says Stamp dies, Bundle of Stitched Shapes to cut the white layer that I stamped from HOTP Birthday Cheer stamp set and heat embossed clear over blue ink.  I added another die cut ( lighthouse) from the same nautical set used on the tags.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #34
Wednesday Simon Says: Add a Die Cut
FFC #221 Always Anything Goes
Dies R Us -
Challenge #91 - TAG You're It!

HIMCR #340 - Buttons or Bows!
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope to be back with another project soon.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW fabulous beachy tags! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘TAG you’re it’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for being our 2nd link for the newest theme challenge of buttons or bows for HIMCR! The card and tags are fantastic! Becca~DT

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card and tags Eva :-) the beach theme is fabulous, I can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive ;-) The papers and details are beautiful and I love the nautical embossed background :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Scrapper69 said...

They look Fantastic!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Heather said...

These tags are fabulous!!! And they make an equally awesome card! Love the beachy colors; so soothing! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Kathy Krug said...

Such nice texture and dimension on these tags. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us in future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Diane said...

Fabulously created tags!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Miranda said...

Eva, these are AWESOME!!!! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT