Monday, July 25, 2016

Snowman Shaped Card

Hello crafty people!  I received my awesome new stamp set from Cardz TV called Merry Everything that I recently won... Woooo Hoooo!!!  So I just had to use it in the new Challenge Mary is hosting over there.
I cased this idea from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uB-Uw3rqns  
I started by making a shaped card with my Cricut Snow Friends Cartridge.  I decided to do a shadow background for my card cut.  Then I layered my snowman on top in white.  I wish I would have done the shadow with the hat on, but oh well I still like it.  I used Authentique Cozy for my pattern and colored papers.  I love how it makes the vest and cap look like sweater material.  I used a peachy keen face stamp - Winter Faces Stamp Set.  I colored the nose in with spectrum noir #CR10.  The adorable sentiment stamp is from Cardz TV - Merry Everything!
I took this one outside on this scorching hot 106 degree Summer day!  def not snowman weather!  Ugh LOL
I added a second red fur edge to the cap and popped it up on foam tape.  I added the scarf with seam binding ribbon which I made crinkle by balling up and spraying with water and drying with my heat gun.  I also added some sparkly enamel dots for buttons and one on scarf and one more on hat pom.
For the inside a cut a blue card stock layer and cut just a bit off the top of the head so it would fit inside.  I simply stamped Merry Everything! from Cardz TV Merry Everything Stamp Set.  What a fun simple card that many would enjoy receiving for Christmas.  I could do several of these at one time for that super long Christmas card list.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
Cardz TV - CHRISTMAS IN JULY CHALLENGE #2
Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge #281 Anything Goes!
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Challenge: Add Some Texture
Hiding in my Craft Room - HIMCR #260 - Christmas in July!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Crafty Hugs!  ~ Eva Scraps

7 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Your shaped card is adorably cute Eva! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! I love the face!! Too cute!! Awesome card my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Penny Light said...

So cute! This is a great cricut cut. And his face is adorable. Really great! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB.

Sara Pyper said...

Eeeks!! He's so sweet!!! Thanks for playing at FCCB!!

Marji Franklin said...

I love this! I miss my Cricut and the great designs.

Sandra said...

What a sweet snowman. Love the gilet and the cute scarf. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Jan Dycus said...

yes I love what you did with that snowman they are my favorite but how did you get it to make a card like that and the shadow