Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Football Birthday Card

Hello Crafty Friends, boy was this hard for me!!!  I don't know why simple and clean cards are sooooo hard for me to make oh and masculine one at that.  This Card is for our Teenage Grandson so it really needed to stay simple and masculine for him.  It took me all morning but I achieved it... finally lol

I knew I wanted it to be a football card of some sort because this is his first year in Football and he is so dang good that he got chosen to move up to the Varsity team at the near end of the season (he is a Freshman) So Huge accomplishment that he has worked hard for.  So as you see it had to be a football Card!

The Background was a free Digi-image I found online that I just sized to fit my white A2 card as the smaller layer.  The Football is from Cricut Wrap it Up Cartridge.  Page 70 of the handbook.  and I ran it through my Tiny Bubbles folder on my cuttlebug to emboss before adding the white layers to the ball.  The sentiment is a Vellum piece that came just in time.  As I was making this card the doorbell rang and it was my latest Black Friday order from HSN.  The kit is called Hot Off the Press Complete Vellum Collection.  Wow, Love Love Love this kit!  Anyway as soon as I saw this this Happy Birthday Vellum sentiment in Red with hints of blue in the background I knew it would be perfect!  Our Grandson's Football Team colors are Red & Blue.  so I cut out the sentiment flag from the velum sheet and then  cut a larger flag shape from Kraft card stock to make a shadow behind it.  I added a blue Brad on either side of the sentiment and Voila. 
For the inside I cut a piece of green cardstock as a mat for the smaller white layer that I inked the edges in Tim Holtz Walnut Stain.  I cut a strip of the stripe vellum that matched the background sentiment flag on the front of the card.  I stamped 2 sentiment stamps from different companies to get it to say what I wanted....
Hustle, Hit, NEVER quit!  is from Scrappy Moms set called Game Day
Happy Birthday Stamp is from Craftin Desert Diva's set called Happy Celebrations
Both are stamped in the Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink

I will be entering into these fun challenges:




Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!  ~ Eva Scraps

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Cool Card! Like the way the football looks... wonderful background paper!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations