Friday, December 4, 2015

Birthday star card

I made this card for one of my Brothers and didn't want to fight myself to keep with the simple and masculine theme, as I always like to go over the top!!!  So I created this card with a fun Cardmaker's Instant Card Art kit from HOTP called Jewel Colors.  It is filled with fun Ready made die-cuts.  was fun to figure out which papers to choose from my stash and just put this card together quick and easy :)
I used a white 5.25 X 6.50 card base, I added a layer of Dark Blue Cardstock and then a layer of Pattern paper that I picked up from Paper Wishes a while back.  I then added my Die-cut elements from the kit, but first I inked the edges of each piece with a dark Blue Ink.  I took the border strip from the kit and adhered it to the Birthday sentiment tag.  I then added a Light blue brad and metal flag to each side of the sentiment tag from my stash.  I decided to go ahead and add a larger brad of the same color to the top of the sentiment tag.  I then glued the 3 stars onto the bottom area of the card. 

For the inside I cut strips of the same papers I chose for the front of the card, inked the edges in blue and added some more die-cut elements from the kit.  I have two more December Birthday cards to create for 2 of my other Brother's this month.  I better search thru my other kits as I really struggle with simple masculine cards for some reason!  Oh and the fact I have 9 Brothers, you would think I could do these with ease by now!!!
Entering into these fun challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Gentlemen

Thanks for stopping by to look at my card.  I hope to see you again soon. :)

2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Great card! I believe I had this same set at one time! LOL Prefect for your Brother! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Maura said...

Nice masculine card, Theresa. I like the balance between the sign and the stars. Thanks for joining our gentleman challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!