Good Morning Crafty Friends, I am so happy to have been asked to be a
Die Cuttin' Divas "Special Guest Diva"
Woot Woot... I feel so Honored and so excited!
So I wanted to create something really cool and had put this off since last year and decided it would be perfect for this fun 3D Challenge!!!
There are a few other cool patterns in this file set that accompany the hat file.
I cut the Hat Pieces out of a thin chipboard with my deep cut blade on my Cricut. I used this tutorial to assemble - http://needlesnknowledge.blogspot.com/2014/10/mourners-decorated-top-hat-assembly.html and found that it went together very easily.
I then painted my hat Black with just plain Black Americana Acrylic paint. after I let it dry I took a light green ink pad and smudged smears all over the hat to age and distress it. I added two buttons to the fancy piece instead of using the circle cut pieces from the file. I didn't have the color of buttons I wanted to use so I just took 2 white ones and used my purple sharpie marker to color them and get the color I wanted :) I then added them to fancy piece on hat with foam tape.
I then took some black wire edged ribbon I bought at Costco several years ago and folded it in half and wrapped around the hat. then attached with hot glue for the hat band. I also created a bow tie looking bow out of same ribbon and attached to hat band. I die cut some swirls out of purple cardstock and glued those to the hat and added several pretty light purple sequins to those. I added to real feather's that matched the purple buttons. I then cut the rolled flower (included in this kit) out of a slightly lighter purple cardstock. after rolling for assembly, I curved and tattered the petals and added a pretty white glittery dome shape to the center of the flower. I then cut the skull head once out of the thin chipboard and once out of glow in the dark white vinyl. I had some scraps leftover from a previous project I worked on recently... I love the added touch it gave! I hot glued the skull head to the rolled flower and voila... all done.
I am very happy how well this project turned out and have to say I was a bit intimidated by it and now realize it was a piece of cake. Great file... Thanks SVG Attic.
I will be entering this project in these fun Challenges:Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party
Thank for stopping by to view my latest project. Please leave a comment ... I love to read each and every one :) Have a wonderful and crafty day!