Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ice cream shaped edge Birthday Card

Hello my crafty Friends,
Oh my goodness where to start with this card.  Well first of all I loved these papers so much from last weeks card I had to use up some more of the scraps from it.  The Paper Studio Uptown Flair Stack.
Card standing up showing the awesome shaped front
The card base itself I created in CCR with the adorable ice cream cone from Indie Art cartridge, love this super cute ice cream cone!  I embossed the cone part with Sizzix Diamonds folder to give it some more definition.  The face stamp is Peachy Keen and is from a cute large Gingerbread dolls set and I thought her face would be perfect for this ice cream cone.  I used white gel pen to enhance her eyes, pink gel pen for her nose, pink chalk for her cheeks. I added glossy accents in the white parts of the ice cream scoop and sprinkled some green and pink and white sequins on her head to represent ice cream sprinkles.  
The Card laying flat with the green part inside showing
The flower is from spellbinders "Jewel flower and flourishes"  I cut once in black and then once in pink.  I stamped a cute little "For You" stamp in the middle of the flower which is from Craftin Desert Diva's "Short & Sweet Tags" ah, Perfect fit!  Then I edged around that with glossy accents and added neon green fine glitter over the top.  
 
The "Sweet" stamp is from some scrapbooking sets I bought at oriental trading co when I first started out years ago so I don't remember the maker.  Anyway for the background layers for the stamp I took my pencil and drew around my entire stamp on white cardstock. Then I took that to my scan and cut and had it cut out the penciled outline. Yay, worked perfect...Awesomeness!  Then I added an outline for the next cut in Pink and a little bit bigger outline cut from the green.  Perfect layers... so happy!!!  Then I stamped the sweet stamp onto the white layer in versaMark ink and embossed with black Zing embossing powder.  I layered all of the pieces together and adhered to my card and sprinkled on some more sequins to enhance, in pink and green this time.  
Card Inside
On the inside I used a fun greeting I created on my computer and cut to fit behind the front panel.  I really love how this card came out and I will find it hard to give away lol. But I think this one will end up being for my grand daughter who is turning 9 and I know she will love it.  Hmmmm or maybe it is a little too young for her.... I don't know we will see hahahaha.

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my friend, you've been on a roll!! This is fabulous!! I love the ice cream cone!! That face is too cute!! The papers and colors are fabulous!! Love it!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

kahaulani said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!!! Thank you for joining us at PDE Linky Party~DT <3 elecia

Unknown said...

Super cute and delicious! You are very creative.. love the color combo. Thanks for playing again with us at CDD Linky Party!
Giorgia DTM

Georgiana said...

I am screaming for MORE ice cream! Yum! Yum! Yum! Thank you for joining our “Ice Cream” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

L.B. said...

Love the sequins sprinkles on top. Very sweet. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.

CA Scrapper said...

That is such a pretty card! Love the face on the ice cream, so cute.

Thanks for joining our challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Sherrie K. said...

Fabulous card! LOVE the yummy ice cream cone! That face is so sweet! Cute card!!
Sherrie k

Caryn said...

What a fantastic card - so full of the joys of summer!!
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn

Katy said...

Another great card, Eva! Thanks for playing along with the Birthday Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas!

DIANA L. said...

OMGOSH!!! that is one yummy card the cone is fantastic
I love This is so sweet. I love it.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com


e all of it.

Busy Bucharoo said...

Such a cute card! Love the little smiling face.

Shelly said...

Oh what a fun and oh so happy card!! I love the the design and fun paper :)

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!
Shelly

Janis Lewis said...

Yum! Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party.
DT Janis

Pat K said...

Adorable summer card. Love the ice cream and wonderful sentiment too. Thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat K x

Unknown said...

I love this!!! It is completely adorable!!! Thanks for playing at FCCB!

Arlene said...

Adorable card. So SWEET. It really is so sweet and cute. Who wouldn't want to receive this card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Jenscrapstoo said...

Adorable and very Yummy!!
What a Great card to used your scraps
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo