Saturday, December 4, 2021

Glitter Foil Snowflake Center Step Card

I was so in love with the recent Glitter snowflake card that I made last week I got this fabulous idea to recreate it in a step card style and give a whole new look and I am so very happy with how it turned out!

I made a Center Step card big enough to handle the create a card die cut panel... it sticks up higher than the card base but that works out fine.  The card when folded is pretty large 6" tall X 6 1/2" wide so I definitely need to make my own envelope for it lol.  

For the center panel I cut the card front die out of the light purple glitter sticker paper that I had adhered to cardstock first.  I then cut a smaller square of dark purple glitter paper using the same process but I just cut it big enough to fit around the large snowflake that I wanted to layer and ran through big shot again.  I then took my scissors and cut away everything around that snowflake.  Then I attached it in its place on top of the light Purple.  I then attached it to light blue designer paper and added the silver foil frame on front.  I realized that it needed a solid white cardstock backer behind entire panel so you can't see through the top portion....I then mounted the entire panel centered on the card front.  For the sides I cut 2 of the Ornament panels in dark purple glitter, backed them with the same light blue designer paper and then cut them down on the bottoms to fit the card.  I cut 2 of the embossed Ornaments from light purple glitter and then I backed with silver foil.  oh yeah, I trimmed of the bow tops that cut with the ornament and added a small bow die cut from dark purple glitter paper.  I also added a glitter enamel dot (YNS Gumdrops) to the center of each tiny bow that was originally glitter white that I colored with my spectrum noir LV3.   I also cut a different smaller snowflake from the light purple glitter cardstock and attached it only in the center of the big dark purple snowflake so it could be more 3-D and added an enamel glitter dot (YNS Gumdrops) that was originally lavender that I colored with my spectrum noir LV3.  I cut the Merry Christmas word from Dark purple Glitter paper as well.


Side view
Close up of how I trimmed the bottom corners of the card away with my scissors along the two ornaments to give it an even more unique card shape.

Colored Gumdrops from YourNextStamp.com

For the inside I used the same light blue designer backing paper from the front.  I used a stitched rectangle die and the same small snowflake die at the same time to create my sentiment mat.  I added another colored gumdrop to the snowflake.  

Center Panel - Decadent Snowflakes Create a Card Die - Crafters Companion
I created the silver foil frame in Cricut Design Space
Sides - Ornament Panel Die - Impression Obsession - I cut the bottom portion of panel off to fit
Fancy Embossed Ornament cut from glitter and then I backed with silver foil
Creative Expressions - Mini Expressions-Stacked Merry Christmas
Smaller Snowflake layered on top - Set from Amazon
Stitched Rectangle die set stack - Amazon  I used the largest in set
Inside sentiment - Holiday Sentiments Stamp - Your Next Stamp

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my project today because I sure enjoyed making it.

I am entering into these fun Challenges:  

Simon Says Stamp Monday - Sparkle Mode

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -  Happy Holidays/Christmas 

Cardz TV Anything Goes Challenge #155

Die Cut Divas Challenge - Winter/Christmas with optional twist Shaped Card Holiday

Your Next Stamp Challenge -  #173 Sparkle & Shine

Cut It Up Challenge - #240 Holiday Cards

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Eva,
I fixed the mistake I made on the Cut it Up challenge and the link is there now. Can't wait to see your card!

Evelyn

Arlene said...

So pretty! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2021/12/frantic-stamper-in-december-could.html for our Challenge of Winter/Christmas project with an optional twist to make a shaped Winter/Christmas Card.

Casumo Erfahrungen said...

Thanks for your invaluable advice and expertise