Monday, October 10, 2016

Gingerbread pop-up card

I had so much fun working with Cheryl's files over at CreativeKuts.com again last week.  I think this one was my favorite of this card collaboration.   It was definitely a lot of detail work and took quite a bit of time to make but I am quite happy with the outcome.

 For the front you just have this adorable gingerbread girl .... Love her!  I have of course leaned towards the non traditional colors as I normally do.  I had to dress her up in pink and give her light pink frosting hair!  Right? Lol. The face stamp is from Peachy Keen.   I used my white gel pen on her eyes some pink puffy paint for her nose and pink chalk for her cheeks.   The embossing on her dress is from the Cuttlebug simply charmed folder set.  The background paper is from the paper crate - snow days stack. The Merry Christmas stamp is from whimsical Christmas... I colored in with a pink spectrum Noir marker.    The teeny tiny gingerbread men were buttons from my stash that I removed the back hole or loop with my wire cutters. I went over sentiment stamp and pink frosting hair and foot  frosting squiggles with my wink of Stella clear glitter pen.   I wish you could see all the sparkle and shimmer... maybe I need to take a better close-up picture for you.

Isn't the inside pop-up just too darn cute?   I again used my Cuttlebug simply charmed embossing folder for the house and the little door mat.  Instead of doing the white snow dripping off of the roof chimney and hedges I decided to make it dripping pink frosting to stay with the theme from the front of my card.   I did add some clear dimensional paint over the pink frosting and added a clear fine glitter to it.   I also added that to the pink and purple brick walkway. The brown squares paper on each end is from the same paper pack as the front .... but the glitter polkadot pink and white paper is a scrap from my stash.   I used my Martha Stewart punch for the pink Loopy border along with my Victorian cut from my paper trimmer to add the cute pink borders on my card inside.   I then stamped a cute gingerbread man several times (6) on Brown paper which I cut out with my SNC2.  I used my white gel pen for his frosting and the dots on his tie. A pink gel pen for the little hearts on his mouth.  I used alternating colors of pink puffy paint for the buttons.   In between the gingers I added some more rhinestone bling from my stash.  Oh and a small pink rhinestone for the door knob. And one last addition I added a cute heart shaped wreath on the door that I stamped from a cute vintage stamp set in my stash which I colored in with my spectrum noir pens.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES DESIGNERS CHALLENGE #1
Show it off Saturday Linky Party
Challenge #106 - Pink or Breast Cancer Awareness
FFC #159 "Anything Goes"


Thanks for stopping by to see what I am up to in my Craft room
Happy Crafty Day!  Eva Scraps

6 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Oh, my gosh, what a work of art. This looks like it was so much fun to make! Lucky recipient! :)

Thanks for joining us for our Pink or BCA challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Scrapper69 said...

OMWORD! FANTASTIC Eva! I adore that sweet gingerbread girl and then the amazing surprise when you open up the card! AWESOME! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable, Eva!! That gingerbread girl is so sweet!! The inside is fabulous!! Wow!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

This is just SUPER sweet!! Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Heather said...

This is soooo cute!! That little gingerbread girl is adorable and I can tell from the details that she must have taken forever to piece together. And then the inside . . . oh, my goodness!! It's so amazing and super cute! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Rebecca Gellar said...

Thhank you for sharing this