Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Diamond Plate Happy Birthday Card

 Hello Crafters, today I made a masculine Birthday card.  I have so many birthdays coming up in December, I knew I better take a pause on Christmas cards and get some of them done and ready for the mail as 3 of them are the first week of December.... EEK! lol

I based this card on a SKETCH challenge over at Your Next Stamp Blog
Ok, so I tried to keep it simple and masculine.  I used the Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder to create my background,  I chose to Deboss  for this card.  I used foil paper from the dollar store that I adhered to black card stock.... this gives it more stability and the embossing/Debossing comes out real clean and bold.  I used Bundle of Stitched Shapes- large Rectangle - Simon Says Stamp dies for my debossed background layer.  I used my SNC for the shadow layer behind my debossed background layer and also for the shadow layer behind  the 2 Banners.  those are - Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax Banners - MFT.  I used a pretty shiny grey paper that almost looks like a galvanized bucket color for all of those shadow layers.
For the Happy Birthday Thinlits Die - Stampin' Up, I first attached foil Paper to black cardstock once again to get the foiled shiny layer.  Then I cut it again from just black card stock which I trimmed away the bottom word and adhered it to the top of the entire cut.  I then used a die cut from my stash (Nina Die - Creative Expressions) that I knew had these perfect sized circles to simulate the silver brads.


For the inside I cut another stitched background layer using Bundle of Stitched Shapes- large Rectangle - Simon Says Stamp dies form white cardstock.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment stamp from Birthday Cheer Stamp Set - Hot Off The Press

***UPDATE I decided to make a matching gift tag to go with it.....

I cut the black Tag from Mama Elephant, Framed Tags - Union Square. Then I attached the silver foil to black cardstock again and ran it through with a stitched square die and then ran that through with the Diamond Plate Cuttlebug embossing folder, but debossed.  I attached it to the tag with foam squares and then cut and attached his name using the Cricut.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my project, I hope you will leave a comment.  Have a wonderful day.

I am entering into these Fun Challenges:

No comments: