Monday, August 27, 2018

Center Easel 3D Scallop Card

So for this card I actually have a couple of firsts.  This is my first center easel card, so easy to create.  This is also my first time creating with paper tole, this one happens to be a foil design.  How pretty!  I really love the way it looks with the depth of the layering.


Close up of 3D layering & Embossing below it
For the center Easel card it's really very simple.  I started with an A2 sized card.  I decided to use a white card base so I added the DSP on the entire front cover before scoring and cutting from DCWV – black currant Stack.  For the front cover on the 5 1/2" side - slice down vertically from the centerfold of the card front at 1 1/2" and at 4"  leaving you with two outer strip flaps and one center flap.  Score the center flap in the very center this time horizontal, giving you the easel element.  For the left and right strip flaps adhere those down evenly on your card base.  I then cut smaller DSP mats for the liners (2 @ 1 1/4" X 4" & 2 @ 2 1/4" x 1 7/8") from a HOTP - finished in a flash  - floral kit that would match well with the 3D paper tole that I wanted to use, which is also from HOTP.  This 3D paper tole set is called Unforgettable,  and wow is it pretty in person.  The beautiful colors and the foil in the layering… Love it!   OK so I used an HOTP scallop Circle die to do the white background layer.  Then I attached the bottom layer of my foil paper Tole with my ATG gun
I then adding foam between each of the layers as I built up this piece, wow just look at the depth it creates.  I know my BFF is going to love this pretty 3D card Birthday card.  

Only adhering the white scallop to the bottom portion  below the fold line of the center easel.  I decided to add a striped DSP from the same paper kit as I didn't care for it being plain white  underneath, I am not sure of measurements on this one.  I used my stitched scallop oval stack dies to create the sentiment/Easel stopper layers.  For the top white stitched scallop oval, I stamped Birthday Wishes with HOTP decorative card flaps stamp set.  stamping over to the left with colorbox boysenberry pigment ink leaving room for a flower and heat embossed the stamping.  Popping that white stitched scallop oval up onto foam tape I then added one of the extra flower art pieces from the paper tole set.  I added the flower directly onto the white scalloped oval with glue and added a small bit of foam tape to the outer edge that hung over.   I added a couple of matching elements that I recently picked up from HOTP called multi colored metal clips.  I just slipped them over opposite corners of the card.  I also took my wink of Stella clear glitter brush to brush over the centers of the flowers and the little purple dots just to bling up those strips of DSP on either side a bit.   What a fun simple birthday card, I really enjoyed making.

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #62
FFC #248 Always Anything Goes 
HIMCR #367 - Any Occasion!  Birthday
Mod Squad Challenge - Butterflies or Rainbows
DL.ART AUGUST 2018 LINKY CHALLENGE

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my project.

2 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is such a beautiful easel card. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes AUGUST 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wonderful card. Love the fun fold and the beautiful colors you chose. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS