Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pretty Tin Can Organizer

So I saw this Basic Idea somewhere on pinterest of course ( http://www.pinterest.com/pin/562105597211621699/ )   so I ran with it and this is what I came up with :)

 
Here was what I started with, but after covering the big pink lemonade can with my gorgeous pink and black fabric that matches lots of stuff in my Craft
Room, I realized it was going to be much too hard to pierce the lower set of holes through fabric than it would be to use scrapbook paper so I changed to a regular lemonade can which is a bit shorter than the pink lemonade can, but it still worked out perfect.

 here it is finished before I added my tools.  I went with a paper stack from DCWV called Black Currant... I love love love this paper!!!  I used my Crop-adile to punch holes in each of the tin cans... I used 4 progressive soup cans for the top row and 4 sliced peaches cans for the bottom row.  I just marked the holes on the lemonade can and pierced through with a piercing tool, then put a bolt though the cans and added a nut inside the lemonade can, if you look closely at this pic you can see some of them.
 Here it is on my desk and my big ole ATG gun fits under it perfectly, YES!  ... eventually I want to find a lazy Suzanne to go under it so it can spin .
Here is a better lit photo of it finished and filled.  Thanks for stopping by, Hope you have a crafty day :)