Friday, February 14, 2014

Embossed Father's Day Card

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Valentine's Day to you all.

I am jumping ahead and working on a completely different special occasion card with my Card Swap Group today.  Happy Father's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, I am working ahead with my swap card group and had to share this Father's Day card I made using your stop watch in the Alice's cuddly friends file that white Rabbit is holding.  Then I embossed and inked it and added a printed clock face ;)
 
This card was fun and hard to make all at the same time, it seems I have to work extra hard at coming up with masculine cards, plus I have to search high and low for the right papers as most of my stuff is so girly I have found lol. 
 
So the awesome, beautiful stop watch clock background is from svgcuts.com from a file called Alice's Cuddly Friends, White Rabbit has it :)  that is a FREE file right now so hurry over there to get it for yourself :) I cut it from some metallic gold card stock and the embossed it with cuttlebug Textile folder.  I then sponged it with StazOn black ink and love the engraved effect it gave :)  the clock-face is from a printout that I then cut out with a circle die... then to make it even better I added a bling in the center to look like a diamond.  very cool to be able to add bling to a masculine card without it looking just wrong :)  The top two flag banners I cut and layered just using my paper trimmer and then cutting a V in the end with my scissors.  The bottom one I cut in SCAL as two layers and added a shiny gold brad to match the stopwatch.  The background of the card is embossed with cuttlebug clockworks folder which I inked with walnut stain distress ink directly on the folder before running through my Cuttlebug (it washes right off when you are done with running water). 
 
 
Here is a view of all six of them for my swap group
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my project.  I would love for you to follow me for future projects, I always love making new crafty friends :) 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the embossing. I have a hard time finding masculine papers too. This looks super though.