Saturday, April 6, 2019

Floral Purse shaped card

I love love love this adorable card style coming soon to Creative Kuts

I used this beautiful pattern paper from couture creations 6x6 paper pad called Vintage Rose Garden
This card was so easy to put together, the handle was a little bit fiddly to insert... but so worth it!
I love how this card stands and presents.  So for the metal looking links in the handle strap I cut 3 for each side out of  black cardstock and adhered together then I cut some out of  silver paper to give the silver metal look and adhered.  I cut the handle/strap twice also and adhered together.  I feel like these extra steps really helped to keep the handle standing tall, which I love.
I found a pink button in my stash and tied some green and white twine into a bow through it.
I wasn't quite satisfied so I found a stitched circle die just a bit bigger than the button and cut a piece of black card stack with the silver paper adhered to it.... perfect!  I used glue dots to adhere them together and to adhere to the front of the purse.  This added just the right touch I was looking for to bring some more silver into the project and made my button really pop a fancy new look.  I stamped and die-cut a flower and leaves from some of the same pattern papers.  I heat embossed the flower in pink then I used my spectrum Noir markers to dress them up a bit, I also curled and pinched the flower edges to add some dimension.  I used foam tape to pop the flower with leaves up and placed it in a spot to also act as a closure to keep the card flap in place when closed and standing.  What a cute card to display on the desk or mantle of the recipient.
On the inside I used more of the beautiful paper from the same paper stack.
I stamped Happy Mother's Day in Momento Tuxedo black ink, stamp is from Happy Celebrations - Craftin Desert Divas and then heat embossed with clear acrylic embossing powder.  I almost added another die cut dimensional flower to the inside sentiment panel, but this time I wanted it to fold flat to fit in an envelope so I stamped some of the same flowers of different sizes directly onto the inside panels.  I left the bottom panel very open for writing and signing.  To finish it off I added these lovely green glitter gumdrops from YNS to the center of each flower I love how this little addition really added so much to this project!

I will be entering into these fun challenges:
YNS -  Challenge #111  Florals - used glitter gumdrops
Cardz TV Anything Goes Challenge #86
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC Challenge #276
Crafty Hazelnut's April 2019 Patterned Paper Challenge
DL.ART April 2019 Linky Challenge

I am so happy how this turned out for my Sister/Mom, I may need to make another of these for my daughter.  Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and weekend.
Crafty hugs Eva Scraps

3 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is so lovely Eva, I love the design, it looks like a real bag.
Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL 2019 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day my friend
DIANA L.

DL.ART
https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I adore purses and am fascinated by paper-crafted ones! What pretty papers you chose to create this fabulous project!
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Helen said...

A really pretty creation and such a clever construction too.

Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Helen x