Thursday, March 21, 2019

Floral Sketch card

As soon as I saw the sketch over at Tuesday morning sketches the other day I knew that this was the card I wanted to make.  The design team had some great inspirational pieces over there.  Once I got the background and base layers done I realized this would be really pretty with seashells and swirls also but I already had my heart set on this floral stamp.  I am very pleased how it turned out.
The pattern papers for the background is from ms. sparkle & co. - Wood Grain... I just love that whitewashed wood look.
The floral stamp and sentiment are from HOTP -  Simply Susan stamp set
I stamped the sentiment in purple and I heat Embossed the floral stamp in black.
I colored with spectrum noir markers - Purple Bloom, petunia, fresh citrus, AB3, LV1
I decided to keep this one simple but I wanted to give it some extra touches so I dug out some of my sparkly gumdrops from YNS (Your Next Stamp)
Black for the flower centers and I decided to add two blue to the leaf swirl but I darkened the color just a little bit with my spectrum noir marker AB3 to match it a little closer.

I am entering into these fun challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #495
YNS - Fun Friday – Challenge 109 - Patterned Paper
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March 2019 challenge
DL.ART MARCH 2019 Linky Challenge
Thanks so much for stopping by I hope you have a wonderful day!
Crafty Hugs, Eva Scraps

4 comments:

Debbie said...

So pretty!! I love how the beautiful large flower just pops off the neutral background!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Gina said...

That wood grain paper woks fabulously as a backdrop for your floral image...and I agree with the seaside/shell theme to :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

Lori said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the colors and that flower is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Very pretty! I absolutely love the purple mandala element. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.