Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Happy Birthday Bee card

Hello Crafters, I have a Birthday Bee card to share with you today.  I used lots of dies including one for that cute Bee. 
I did alter it a bit..... I cut it twice in black and hand trimmed the head off of one of them because I didn't want to use the face of the die.  So I ran the head portion thru my ScanNCut after trimming off the antennas too.  After saving onto my machine I then cut it out in yellow and used a Peachy Keen -  Cute and Cuddly face stamp.  I colored in the eyes with my white jellyroll pen.  I colored in the nose with a pink gel pen and the mouth with a light red gel pen.  Then I adhered the yellow head directly on top of the black head.  I also cut the yellow portions to place in the open areas of the body.  I used vellum for the wings and colored those in a light blue with my Spectrum Noir marker AB2.  I used Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes for the light purple background mat.  I then took my stitched buzz trail dies from Lawn Fawn and ran stitched trails all over that mat.  I used another stitched rectangle die to cut the yellow mat.  Using a honeycomb die in a lighter yellow to place on top of that stitched yellow rectangle, making a cute backdrop for the Bee.  I used crafters companion hexagon dies to layer up in the 2 purples for the sentiment.  I used my Cricut to write "Buzzin by to say…"  with a black .03 Cricut pen in a fontastic fonts - DJ Smooth.  Finally I cut a Happy Birthday die out of the same dark purple as the card base.  Using up plenty of scraps for this one, which I love to do!
For the inside I used my Cricut to write the sentiment with the same font and pen "Have a Bee-utiful day filled with love & joy!"  I cut this mat out with my Simon says stamp bundle of stitched shapes - stitched rectangle die.  I used 2 Bee images to stamp from the crafters companion hexagon dies coordinating stamp set.

I will be entering into these fun challenges: 
Thank you for stopping by to see what I'm up to in my craft room today.   Have a wonderful and crafty day!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Such a cute Bee! Great job with the Challenge! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Michelle N. said...

What a cute bee! Such a darling card-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Such a happy bee! It sounds like you had a blast making this card. Thanks for sharing it with us for our Cut it Up for our Birthday challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

ScrappyHorses said...

This is so cute with that adorable little bee flying around! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

DIANA L. said...

This has to bee one of the cutest B-day cards!! I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes SEPTEMBER 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day

DL.ART
DIANA L.

Arlene said...

Such a very CTUE card. I am just buzzing by to say so glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Miranda said...

Eva, This card is super cute!!!! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room!
Miranda DT
www.crafingwithmiranda.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Super cute Bee card!! Love that beehive behind the bee and those wings are great. Thanks for joining our challenge at HIMCR.

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how CUTE adorable card!

Theresa