Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Junk in the Trunk Game boxes

We are having a big family get together in June in Oregon this year and I wanted to put together a few games that would be fun for all ages.  This one will be absolutely be a riot to watch that is for sure!  So the object of the game ... two people will go against each other, they tie a box to their backside and it will be filled with ping-pong balls.  No hands allowed!!!  The person must shake their tailfeathers to eject as many ping-pong balls from their box in one minute.  If both people eject their entire amount of ping-pong balls Before the minute is up ... the winner will be the person that ejected them all first.  If not, it will be the person that ejected the most in one minute.  If it is a tie.... I guess we will get to laugh at them all over again as the have a new round :)
So I started out with two Kleenex boxes that I covered the four sides and one end in black card stock.  For the end with the oval opening I used my second to largest scallop oval die to cut the black card stock in the center to match up with the pre-existing oval in the box, You cannot see that cut as it is covered with the purple layer.  I cut another square embossed purple card stock down and used my large scallop stitched square frame die to get the approx. 4 x 4 inch negative space, I decided it wasn't sturdy enough so I cut a heavy duty white card stock to layer behind the purple.  I then used a spellbinders oval die from Opulent Ovals to cut the oval opening to create a frame for this end.  I also took scissors and cut slits in the clear plastic that lines the oval opening so that the balls could actually shake out. 
For the top of the box I cut letters shapes out of the light lavender pattern paper spelling out junk in the trunk as that is the name of the game.  I layered that piece onto another piece of the purple embossed card stock letting that color show through for the words. 
On one side of the box I used my Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Three die to cut out a printed digi-stamp (Pickled Potpourri Designs - Tail Feathers set) that says Shake those tail feathers!  I cut from white card stock, I then took my water brush and water colored that panel with my Distress ink pads... Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry & Shaded Lilac. 
On the opposite side of the box I did the same Labels Twenty-Three cut with the purple embossed card stock I then took the Bird digi-stamp that came in the Pickled Potpourri Designs - Tail Feathers set and printed it out and colored with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol & Colorista markers.   After coloring I cut out the bird and placed onto the purple embossed panel on the box.  I think this was the perfect way to decorate the box for this game lol.  I had fun coloring her and blending the different shades on her tail to give it a chameleon pen effect.  Here are the markers I used to color the birds:
Main Body - Hydrangea, TB3
Tail Feathers - Hydrangea, TB3, TB5
Legs & Beak GB5, BO1, OR1
Flower - Tulip, CT1 
Leaves - Leaf Green

I wanted to add some Tail Feathers to the box so I pierced a small slit through the bottom of the box at the end near the oval opening and ran some ribbon through to hang feathers to give this fun project  another cuteness factor ... especially when it's in motion!!!  For the Feathers I used an unbranded set of feather dies to cut about 8 Vellum feathers for each box.  I then took my markers   Hydrangea, Tulip, TB3, TB5  After coloring I heat set with my heat gun to not only dry them but it helped them to curl up a bit and give a great effect.  I then took my hot glue and glued each one to the ribbon strings hanging from the box.  I am seriously thinking about adding in some real colored feathers I have, if I do I will come back and add a pic here.

On the opposite end of the box I cut two slits to place the larger Pink satin ribbon through as this is what will be used to tie around the contestants waist.  I am looking forward to playing this game with lots of family members, I hope everyone enjoys it and wants to play along ... Oh and ahem... none of us older people throw our back out trying to shake our tail feathers!  Lol

I am entering into these fun challenges:
Cut it up Challenge 143 - Digitally Yours
CARDZ TV ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE #39
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #225 with Little Blue Button Stamps!
HIMCR #344 - Tic Tac Toe!  Ribbon - Animal - Flower
DL.ART MARCH 2018 LINKY CHALLENGE

Thanks so much for stopping by today I hope you can come back soon

5 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

What a CUTE and Clever game Eva!!! Sounds like it'll be a blast at your reunion! I love the way you decorated the box...

Theresa

Esther said...

Fun and darling box!!!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at Cut It Up!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That is such a fun game!! I love your unique project. Thanks for sharing your creation with us for our Digitally Yours challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Becca Sadler said...

How delightful! This game will be a big win at the reunion! Maybe make a "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!" badge for a fun game keepsake for a lucky relative! Thanks for participating in the tic tac toe challenge at HIMCR! Becca~DT

Christine said...

What fun up cycles. I bet your family will love these games and create some special memories.
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack! Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com